- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Blanch the broad beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl of iced water to cool, then drain, peel and set aside.
- Cook the olive oil, leek and fennel seeds in a frying pan over medium heat for 3–4 minutes until the leek begins to soften. Add the carrot and garlic and cook for 3–4 minutes until soft, then remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut eight lengths of foil about 40 cm long and place two pieces on top of each other. Fold in three sides, leaving one long side open. Repeat with remaining foil, then place the parcels on a large baking tray. Divide the leek and carrot mixture among the parcels and lay a piece of fish on top of each pile. Scatter over the broad beans, orange zest and parsley and season to taste. Pour a ¼ of the stock or wine into each parcel, then fold the open end over a few times to seal tightly. Cook in the oven for 12–14 minutes. Remove from the oven and check that the fish is cooked through: if not, reseal and cook for another 2–3 minutes before checking again.
- Meanwhile, for the salad, segment the oranges by holding them over a bowl and using a small, sharp knife to cut the flesh away from the inner membrane, letting the segments and any juice fall into the bowl. Add the capers and fennel and toss to combine. Add the vinegar and parsley, season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- To serve, carefully open the parcels and transfer the contents to four plates. Spoon over some sauce and serve with the salad.
Nutrition facts per serve
Makes 4 serves
Note: If food units vary from the book, be guided by the following food units.