- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- For the spicy guacamole, mash the avocado with the lemon or lime juice and a few drops of Tabasco until smooth.
- Add the chopped onion and season to taste, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg yolks and chives with a fork until combined, then season with pepper. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg yolk mixture and grated cheese into the whites, being careful not to overmix.
- Heat a small ovenproof frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking oil. When hot, pour half the mixture into the frying pan and tilt the pan to spread evenly. Cook for 2–3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the underside is golden. Run a spatula around edge of the omelette and fold over one half. Transfer the pan to the oven for 3–4 minutes until the omelette is cooked through. Gently slide it onto a chopping board and cover to keep warm, then repeat with the remaining mixture to make the second omelette. Serve with spicy guacamole and toast alongside.
Nutrition facts per serve
Makes 2 serves
Note: If food units vary from the book, be guided by the following food units.